Welcome to Sowerby Primary School
Thank you for taking the time to visit Sowerby Community Primary School’s website. We hope it gives you a good introduction to our school and answers any questions you might have. However, we strongly encourage parents and carers to visit the school in person to get a real flavour of school life.
We work hard to build trusting relationships with all children and families to ensure their engagement and enjoyment in every aspect of school life. Children and families may experience a range of needs at different times in their lives. We work together with many different agencies to support and to ensure individual needs are always catered for.
We believe that the environment we offer plays a crucial part in developing all our children into happy, healthy, safe and motivated learners. Our calm, and purposeful atmosphere contributes greatly to the development of the whole child. Sowerby Primary children are taught to make good choices, considering the impact upon themselves and others.
We are a warm, courteous and welcoming community that has as its foundation:
- mutual respect and sensitivity
- collaborative decision making and
- effective teamwork
Our philosophy is to educate the whole person. We want
- children to enjoy learning which is real, relevant and engaging
- to gain confidence and independence while learning to accept responsibility and making a positive contribution to their school community
- be healthy and stay safe
We are committed to maintaining a community in which all members have high expectations of themselves and each other. We believe our relationships with parents and the wider community support our children's development and help them understand their future role in society.
Within a happy, secure learning environment for all we endeavour to value the contribution of every individual and to celebrate diversity
Sowing Seeds of Success:Growing Courageous Learners
- every child and adult is listened to and involved, and they really matter
- every child gets the best possible start in life, through the development of even closer positive relationships between parents and school
- every child's family feels supported by us, and through our swift and easy referral to a wide range of specialist support services
- every child's family has access to more learning and wider community access to more adult learning
- every child's physical and emotional needs are met
- every child makes the best possible progress in reading, writing and mathematics with teachers and support staff giving children more personalised learning based on good assessment and teaching
- every child has access to a wider school curriculum where there is the opportunity to learn a foreign language, play music and take part in sport
- learning and achievement is everyone's business